Friday, April 10, 2009

Sweet baby boy


Crew started coughing on Friday.  The cough was weird though, really tight sounding.  Each day that passed he seemed to get worse and worse and by Tuesday night he was working really hard to breath.  A friend of mine who is an RN said I really needed to take him to the ER.  

Crew was rushed into the ER after the nurse took his stats (even though the original wait time was 2 hours) ...his oxygen levels were REALLY low.  He was given 3 breathing treatments in the ER and then placed on oxygen.  We were checked into the hospital around 3 am.   He tested positive for RSV and was diagnosed with bronchiolitis.    The crazy part was doing this with out Sean.  He was out of town in Boston, but I have great friends, who stayed at my house for the night, traveled to the ER and stayed with me till 3 in the morning, took my kids the next day, and even brought me dinner the next night...I am truly blessed!  Crew was given a blessing before we left for the ER and I know it was the reason we only had to stay 1 day in the hospital.  The Pediatric lung doctor  said he had talked to the ER doctors before he came to see Crew the next morning and he was surprised how well Crew was doing after the report he had been given.  He is now getting breathing treatments every 4 hours and is doing really well.  We've been blessed and are extremely happy that Crew is on his way to recovery.   Thanks again to all who helped make this experience as stress-free as possible..love you guys!

5 comments:

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

How sad...so sorry to hear such terrible news. We are glad to read he is doing better!

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

poor little guy. Glad he's doing better. I still have a nebulizer from when my youngest had RSV. Everytime I hear of someone who needed one I found out after they already got one. I was able to lend it out once; the lady had twins and wanted a second one. So if you ever hear of someone else who needs one, let me know.

Jenn said...

So sorry to hear about Crew, Tia! RSV is scary stuff. What a relief that he's doing better. Of course it had to happen when Sean was away. Bummer when that happens. Crew sure is a cutie.

Rebecca said...

Sean may have been gone but in a way, it couldn't have worked out better. All your best friends were right there to help. We do have a great group of friends that are always there for each other. We are blessed. Let me know if you need any more help. I'm always here for you.

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry Tia...poor little guy (and mommy too!). I'm glad things are on a upswing. I hope things stay calm and you can settle into a nice grove. He is so adorable even when he's not feeling well.

Glad he is feeling better and that you were able to have so much help from such great friends.