Thursday, December 10, 2009

This one's for Kyle...

The day before Thanksgiving I got in my car and it wouldn't start. I've had that happen before, because of a dead battery, but I knew this wasn't the problem. I had Sean take a look at it when he got home, we filled it with gas, checked the fuses, even had the Dad of one of my friends come take a look at it, nothing. It was a mystery.


It's a 2002 Acura MDX. We've never had any problems. So AAA came to tow the car the day after Thanksgiving down to the Acura dealership.

This is the call we received the next day,

"Hello, this is Mark (or something like that), We haven't figured out what is actually wrong with your car, but when we opened up the hood, a large rodent jumped out. We chased it around the service bay, and then it jumped back into your engine. We believe it is a rat...We haven't been able to locate it again. We have now set some traps....Uh, we'll have to get back to you when we know more...."

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! How embarrassing the ACURA dealership had to call to tell us we have a rat problem! And that we may have passed it on to them.

That pesky large rat ate through my electrical system in my car costing me $1,500.00!

But did you know that rats are covered under your car insurance? So we filed a claim and will only be paying $500.00 (our deductible)

Kyle and Collete, I guess I needed your pest control service more than I thought:)



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hate to say it, but the van at the Graves' house had a rodent chewing on things as well... Stillwater might not be rat-free after all!

Shannon said...

Funny my sister is the only other person to comment. You will NEVER see my parents garage door open for this very reason. If you took a neighborhood survey, I bet more than half have had this same issue. Yuck!

Kyle & Collette said...

HaHa! Thanks Tia, I am completely honored by the name of your post. I decided to give you another chance today and to my pleasant surprise you posted something new:) That is a really funny story about the rats. Sorry for how expensive it was that stinks. You were not lying when you told me the rats are crazy up there!

Jenn said...

We've had one crawling around in the roof. Maybe that's why all our bathroom outlets no longer work. What's the deal with rats and electrical wires?

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

that's hilarious...glad the insurance helped cover it!