Thursday, December 10, 2009

You said how much?

Yes, I have been lazy when it comes to posting. We've had too much and nothing going on all at the same time. Sean's been sick since August with "C. Dif." A pretty unpleasant intestinal infection. He's taken round after round of antibiotics to cure it, but nothing was working. The Dr. finally prescribed him vancomycin (really strong antibiotics). This is how the conversation went at Target when I went to pick up the prescription..


Target: How can I help you?
Me: Yes, I'm here to pick up my husband's prescription.
Target: Name?
Me: Sean C.
Target: Oh, yes, do you realize that your deductible on this medication is over $1000.00 dollars?
Me: What?
Target: Yes, we've called twice just to make sure..it will be $1,186.00 + tax (Which is 10%)

Wow! That was a little bit of a shocker. I, of course, immediately called Sean. He was a little shocked too. Though he did say that when the dr. prescribed the medication the dr. said it would be "a little bit" expensive. (Just a little)

But so far the medication seems to be working. We'll know in the next week or two when he's done taking the antibiotic, if the infection doesn't come back, it worked! We're just praying that we don't have to do another round of the vanco...




2 comments:

The Nits said...

Such a bummer!!! I had that after Gunner was born, lasted for months and it took months to find the right medicine.

Jenn said...

I'll never complain about copays again! Hope Sean is feeling better!