Sunday, February 28, 2010

Short Stack

I took Crew in for his 1 year well baby check last week. Crew is in the 1% for height and 4% for weight! When I seemed surprised by these results, (Have you seen Ella?) the doctor took one look at me and said, "Well, it's not like you're a giant yourself!" OUCH! She even asked me how tall I was and when I said 5'2" she said "....and you're probably being a little generous, right?" WOW! But the truth hurts sometimes....:)


The doctor didn't seemed concerned, because looking at the graph of Crew's growth he seems to plateau and then have a growth spurt, but I am getting a little worried. I have a cousin that has children that don't grow. I mentioned the disorder to the doctor and she said to bring Crew back in in 3 months and if he hadn't had a growth spurt we would do some testing.

Hopefully, nothing is wrong, and so far it has been nice having a baby I can actually carry around. I guess it will only be bad if my girls end up being 5'11 "(Sean) and my boys 5'2".

3 comments:

Jared said...

Easy Tia! great things come in small packages! :)
...I'm sure he's fine. It's great to catch up with everyone on your blog. JJ

Tia said...

You're right! Call it crazy mom anxiety...Hope you guys are doing well....

Onica said...

Even short guys can get girls!