Saturday, September 18, 2010

Stay Calm and Carry On

I first saw this quote on my sister-in-laws blog. I have since seen it all over the Internet, but it seems fitting for my post today because it's exactly what I need to keep telling myself or I just might lose it......We have decided to take a job relocation to Dallas, TX., there I said it out loud, well not really, but I wrote it and put it on the Internet, that must mean it's permanent.... This was one of the hardest things we have ever had to choose to do. We have lived in Seattle for 10 years. We have amazing friends, a beautiful home, and a wonderful life here. But the opportunity to get closer to family, have a cheaper standard of living, growth in Sean's career, some sunny weather, and maybe the chance my kids could learn to swim in a pool, sounded like good reasons to go....So we have been finishing house projects, cleaning, packing, putting the house up for sale, looking for homes in Dallas, and life has been a little stressful....we are getting excited about this crazy ride our life is about to take, and also very sad to leave all the things we love behind. Sean left today for Dallas. The kids and I will stay till the house sells or the company buys it, will probably be the end of November before we are all together again. Stay Calm and Carry On yes this is what i need to keep telling myself:)

2 comments:

Collette said...

Wow Tia, I knew this was going on but didn't realize Sean would be gone for so long. If you need some family support and break down than i will have to convince Kyle we need to come watch the kids for a while so you can go visit Sean :)

Derek said...

You guys will do great. We have been surprised each time we have relocated (never thought we end up in Kokomo, IN . . never thought we'd end up in Kansas. . .NEVER thought we'd even look in Utah . . you get the point) but each move has brought us such fabulous friends and greater growth. This will be good! You will do wonderfully!
good luck!