Sunday, February 24, 2008

Well, it's back to normal this week. Last week the kids had off school because of mid-winter break. I decided, along with some of my friends, that we didn't want the kids cooped up in our homes watching t.v and playing video games all week...(which is what tends to happen in the rainy city of Seattle.) So here is a break down of the week.. We lucked out and got the most beautiful week of weather that we have had in a LONG time. We really had a great time and I will miss Chloe as she heads off to a full day of school tomorrow....

Monday was Park day. So we headed off the the park to enjoy the hot 57 degree weather:) The kids thought it was so wonderful that they donned their bathing suits when we got home and ran through the sprinkler with some friends....BRRRR!

Tuesday we went to the movies! Tyler was able to see 'The Bee Movie" with some of his friends and the girls went to see "Enchanted."

Wednesday we braved the Chuck E (Disease). The kids had to do jobs earlier in the week to earn tokens. Even Ella loved walking all over by herself. It was a great day.

Thursday was the best and most exhausting day. We went to the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. The kids had a great time exploring and learning. Tyler really wanted a butterfly to land on him in the Butterfly house. He sat COMPLETELY still for almost 10 minutes...it was amazing! Unfortunately, he never caught a butterfly. Chloe's favorite part of the day was dressing up in animal costumes (big surprise:) Ella loved the little play area and couldn't get enough of the bubble area...she likes to eat them:)

Friday was IKEA. We always love a good trip to the IKEA. After a hard week, I put the kids in playland and enjoyed an hour of quiet time with my friends, walking and shopping. The kids love it and so do I. We ate lunch there for free because I had 4 coupons for free kids meals.

3 comments:

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Wow! What a productive week!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Oh...and "mid-winter break?" Never heard of that?

Jenn said...

Breaks from school can be such a challenge. I'm totally impressed with your plan of attack!