My name is Tia LeDawn. My parents say they were watching the Disney movie "Space Mountain" when my mom was pregnant. The little girl in the movie was named Tia and they both liked it. My middle name came from a relative on my mom's side. Her name was actually LeDonna, but my mom shortened it to LeDawn. I've always prided myself on the uniqueness of my name and have always thought it was pretty. Thanks mom and dad!Sean Patrick is a family name..or at least Patrick is. The name "Sean", from what I've been told was liked because Sean's mom had a crush on Sean Connery at the time:)...but I could be wrong on that one....
Chloe Elizabeth...I had always liked the name Chloe. The year Chloe was born, one of our favorite shows, "The Profiler" had a little girl named Chloe on it, but I had liked the name way before that. Chloe was born 5 weeks early, and Sean and I hadn't quite picked her name yet. We were deciding between Chloe and Hannah. In the NICU she was labeled "baby girl cragun." The nurses kept saying, "Just put a name up there and see how it feels." Well, we went with Chloe and it stuck. I still think it's a beautiful girly name:) "Elizabeth" is a family name on both sides. We wanted a family middle name and looked on both sides and found that Elizabeth was pretty popular on both so we went with it because we thought it was pretty and classic.
Tyler Garrett..."Tyler" was Sean's pick. "Garrett" was mine. Tyler, had always been on of Sean's favorite boy names. I was a little leery of the commonness:) but I LOVED the name "Ty" ...This love came from fond memories of Ty Detmer as a kid. "Garrett" was after my dad Gary.
Ella "Jean" Nicole...."Ella" came from my Grandma Eleanor. A few years before Ella was born, my sister and I had been talking about names. We both said we thought naming a girl Eleanor, after grandma, and calling her Ella would be so cute! So when I found out I was having a girl, I knew what name I wanted. But I had a close friend who recently had named her daughter Ella and Sean didn't like Eleanor, he liked Abby. So I struggled for a long time, but when my grandfather had a heart attack and we didn't know if he was going to make it or not, I thought that I really wanted the name Eleanor after my grandmother, his wife. Sean wouldn't do Eleanor, but we compromised on Ella. I actually wanted my Grandma's full name, Eleanor Jean, but somehow in the afterglow of the epidural, the name "Nicole" came up. Sean liked it and since he had given in to Ella, I let him have it. However, when someone asks me Ella's name, I still want to say Ella Jean.



2 comments:
Cool post. I love hearing about names. I didn't realize that your Grandma was an Eleanor.
Wow, Tia, you've been busy posting! Lots of fun stuff to read. Names are so interesting and fun! Great job on the posts!
Post a Comment