Monday, June 9, 2008

William Kenneth Feb. 24, 1927- May 24, 2008

On May 24, 2008 my grandpa, William Kenneth, passed away. I thought I would list some of the things I will always remember...

1. He LOVED to cook! How many people can say that their Grandpa was the one that made Thanksgiving dinner? When Grandpa came there were always delicious smells coming from the kitchen. I will always remember watching him cut potatoes and sometimes clogging up the sink:)

2. He whistled a song. As a child, if I ever got separated from my Grandpa, it was easy to find him because he was always whistling a song. I will miss those sweet songs and still wish I could whistle like him.

3. My grandpa loved to travel....and I mean road trips! He would drive anywhere, he loved the open road. I remember that he had a pick-up truck that he converted into a camper. I loved going with Grandpa and Grandma traveling in that truck...no seat belts:)...so fun!

4. Grandpa had a farm and worked hard. I loved going to visit Grandpa's farm. Getting to ride the horses and the ponies. I especially remember the time we went with him to bale hay. We got to ride in the wagon with the hay, it was so fun, till we got home and took a bath and ticks came falling out of our clothes. I never wanted to get in the hay again after that:)

5. He would do anything for anyone. My grandpa was caring and loving. I remember him and my grandma coming for weeks to live with us when my mother was in the hospital.

6. He had a great sense of humor and was able to laugh at himself. I still remember the day he accidentally used DESITIN as toothpaste....

We love you Grandpa!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great way to journal about your Grandpa. It is always nice to get those memories down on "paper." I wanted to enlarge your family picture but I clicked on it and it wouldn't. I hate that. You look beautiful. Good thing you bought that cute black dress :)

Amanda said...

What a great tribute to your Grandfather. I'm glad you have such great memories of him.