Thursday, June 26, 2008

We made it!

Ella at the airport
I have to admit I was just a little nervous flying with 3 kids by myself to Georgia. After missing our first flight, not because we weren't at the airport in time, but because I attempted to get food in the airport at lunch time to take on the 5+ hour flight...the line at Wendy's proved to be our demise, as I tried to run with 3 kids through the airport, down 2 escalators and on to the train to try to catch out flight. Much to my dismay, they had already closed the gate and wouldn't let us board..(We even had 10 minutes to spare;) I was worried it was a sign of bad things to come...Only slightly, we were able to get on another flight 2 hours later, the 1st hour of the plane ride was tortuous with Ella kicking the seat and NOT wanting to sit still, thankfully after walking to the back of the plane and rocking her for 10 minutes, she finally fell asleep. The kids DVD player didn't work so after a little crying, I pulled out the $1 store "emergency" toy bag. We did mad-libs and sticker books. Ella slept for 2 hours and in the end it was all worth it...

Ella helping me pack

We spent our 1st day at the pool! It was great! 90 degree weather and sunshine...Chloe and Tyler were swimming all over. Ella couldn't get enough of jumping in the water. We were at the pool for about an hour when some clouds rolled in. No rain or anything,but ...the whole pool cleared out...just us Seattle-ites thought it was still a great day for swimming....we loved it!







5 comments:

The Nits said...

Yikes we leave in 2 weeks for a mom-and-kids-alone-flying-adventure. I was already nervous your post has me terrified. Samantha

Amanda said...

You are brave! That is a LONG flight. I'm glad you arrived in one piece and hope you enjoy your vacation!

Rebecca said...

Looks fun but lucky me, we are going to have 90 degree weather here also. You missed a great day at Lake Meridian but I'm sure you're not too sad.

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

I'm glad you made it in one piece! See you soon!

Christy said...

Wow what a travel adventure! So sorry for the craziness! Jared never travels without his Wendy's either..LOL
Have a fun trip, welcome to the east coast!